Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Reflect on the challenges and successes from yesterday and today
I think the biggest challenge I face is learning all these new tools and becoming comfortable with them. If I don't spend the time now learning them, I will forget the basic information and I won't use them in the future. So much information has been presented that I feel very over whelmed. I fear that I will latch onto only one or two of these new tools and forget the rest. Some of the apps are too similar to other things that I use so I will probably discard them and not try to learn them at all, specifically google plus and photos. I am very excited to have learned more about google calendars and being able to sync them with my ipad and iphone calendars. I am looking forward to discovering more uses for google forms. Blogger is cool but I'm not going to continue using it for personal use, but when I teach again, I can see how it would be very useful. I was happy to learn more about the features in gmail. I do use it regularly and you were able to show me a few things I had not discovered on my own. I definitely feel more proficient now while using it. Google voice is somewhat enticing to me just because I have an out of state cell number and I think that it might be kind of nice to have a 'local' number.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's true that as you start to try out some of the various apps some will become favorites and others may never get used. I honestly don't use or haven't used some of the Google Apps in the classroom. Some of them I'm re-visiting again as I'm sharing them with you. There are a few I'm going to try and use more this coming school year.
ReplyDelete