Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How might you use Google Maps and Youtube in the classroom

I think using google maps in the classroom will be tons of fun.  I love the way Melissa uses it with Flat Stanley and I would love to use it in a similar way with writing to other schools or pen pals.  I also think it would be a great way to learn about maps and how to use them.  You could also use it to collect information about spring break plans or summer vacation plans.  I also loved the idea of using google maps to help you visualize where people travel throughout a book, especially if you were studying history.

I'm not sure exactly how I would use youtube with students, but I enjoy thinking about being able to share class and school events through video with parents.  As a parent, I love to see what my kids do in school and to have a short video clip of a project, presentation, or activity available to me via Youtube would be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I do think sharing videos with parents is great. Who doesn't want to see their adorable child in a video?

    ReplyDelete